Learn the Business of Real Estate
- 100% online program for flexibility and convenience
- 5-week accelerated classes allow you to graduate in as few as 27 months
- Completion degree option to transfer minimum of 20 credits
- Core business studies plus comprehensive real estate curriculum
- Dedicated faculty and exceptional student support.
Offered through the Marylhurst Department of Real Estate Studies, the online Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Studies is a unique and challenging degree program. Our curriculum provides you with the comprehensive knowledge necessary to pursue a career in the real estate industry.
Marylhurst University emphasizes ethical leadership, critical thinking and decision making, global awareness and service in all of our degree programs. You’ll benefit from a strong grounding in the liberal arts and general business, which will complement your real estate studies.
Reasons to Choose our Online Bachelor’s in Real Estate Degree:
- This program is designed for working professionals who need the freedom and flexibility to schedule classes around work and life responsibilities.
- Marylhurst students focus one course each 5-week session to better concentrate on each particular subject being studied.
- You will receive ongoing support from your own personal advisor, from enrollment through graduation.
- You will also have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with advisors, faculty members and your fellow students.
It is our goal to present you with an online educational experience that will teach you how to become an effective leader who can make influence others and make good business decisions, without compromising your integrity. You will also learn how to become a strong communicator who can interact collaboratively with people of differing backgrounds and perspectives.
All of these skills will come into play throughout the course of your real estate career. We will also work to prepare you for success in the field via concentrated studies that will inform you on:
- Economics, demographics, dynamics and market trends in real estate.
- Law and legal policy within the context of business and real estate.
- Real estate transactions and the art of the closing the deal.
- Real estate development, investment, design, and construction.
- The essentials of banking and mortgage servicing.
Real Estate Jobs
The real estate industry needs well-rounded, ethical professionals to serve as agents, brokers and appraisers who advocate for the well-being of both their clients and communities.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Studies program at Marylhurst University emerge as accomplished businesspeople and experts in real estate. You will have gained the skills needed to work within a:
- Real estate agency or marketing company.
- Mortgage department of a bank.
- Real estate appraisal role in the public or private sector.
- Financial firm specializing in real estate investments and valuations.
- Corporate real estate role, developing and managing properties.
You will also have the knowledge to strike out on your own as a real estate entrepreneur who invests in, develops, finances, or manages a portfolio of properties.
Comprehensive and Dynamic Real Estate Coursework
Marylhurst University faculty have developed our Bachelor of Science in Real Estate to enhance and accelerate your online learning. The program includes 18 five-week courses with two courses taken during each academic quarter. Everything culminates in a final capstone course that reflects your accumulated knowledge and understanding.
Your Coursework Will Include:Foundations of Management Business Writing and Communication Personal Ethics in Organizations Information Technology Strategies Culture, Conflict and Communication Business, Media and Popular Culture Business Statistics for Managers Marketing The Economics of Business Real Estate as a Profession Leveraging Real Estate I & II The Laws and Regulations Governing Real Estate The Deal: An Analysis of a Real Estate Transaction Beyond Raw Land The Real Estate Development Process Real Estate Investment Strategies Applied Management Principles
About Marylhurst University
Founded in 1893, Marylhurst University has been dedicated to providing outstanding online educational programs since the 1990s. Our innovative, creative and comprehensive accredited online degrees are available in a wide array of disciplines and majors at both the bachelor’s and master’s degree level. Our on-campus and online degree programs offer the same exacting standards. The only difference is in the delivery of the curriculum. We maintain small classes and extend personalized attention from dedicated and experienced faculty members. Online degree programs through Marylhurst University are also designed to create a nurturing and collaborative environment, all with the goal of developing knowledgeable professionals with the confidence to excel in today’s global market.
Marylhurst is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Regional accreditation is the measurement the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) uses to ensure that schools meet rigorous and up-to-date standards of education. Additionally, all Marylhurst business programs are designed to meet the accreditation standards of the The International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). Marylhurst’s MBA, BS in Business & Management, BS in Business & Leadership and BS in Real Estate Studies are accredited by the IACBE.