Online Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Studies
Offered through the Marylhurst Department of Real Estate Studies, the online Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Studies is a unique and challenging degree program. Our curriculum provides you with the comprehensive knowledge necessary to pursue a career in the real estate industry.
Marylhurst University emphasizes ethical leadership, critical thinking and decision making, global awareness and service in all of our degree programs. You'll benefit from a strong grounding in the liberal arts and general business, which will complement your real estate studies.
The real estate industry needs well-rounded, ethical professionals to serve as agents, brokers and appraisers who advocate for the well-being of both their clients and communities.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Real Estate Studies program at Marylhurst University emerge as accomplished businesspeople and experts in real estate. You will have gained the skills needed to work within a:
- Real estate agency or marketing company
- Mortgage department of a bank
- Real estate appraisal role in the public or private sector
- Financial firm specializing in real estate investments and valuations
- Corporate real estate role, developing and managing properties
You will also have the knowledge to strike out on your own as a real estate entrepreneur who invests in, develops, finances or manages a portfolio of properties.
Marylhurst University faculty have developed our Bachelor of Science in Real Estate to enhance and accelerate your online learning. The program includes 18 five-week courses with two courses taken during each academic quarter. Everything culminates in a final capstone course that reflects your accumulated knowledge and understanding.
Your coursework will include:
• Foundations of Management
• Business Writing and Communication
• Personal Ethics in Organizations
• Information Technology Strategies
• Culture, Conflict and Communication
• Business, Media and Popular Culture
• Business Statistics for Managers
• The Economics of Business
• Real Estate as a Profession
• Leveraging Real Estate I & II
• The Laws and Regulations Governing Real Estate
• The Deal: An Analysis of a Real Estate Transaction
• Beyond Raw Land
• The Real Estate Development Process
• Real Estate Investment Strategies
• Applied Management Principles
Meet the Department Chair (:35)
Why Real Estate Is Key (1:04)
Bachelor Course (1:11)
A Bigger Picture (1:41)
Founded in 1893, Marylhurst University has been dedicated to providing outstanding online educational programs since the 1990s. Our innovative, creative and comprehensive accredited online degrees are available in a wide array of disciplines and majors at both the bachelor’s and master’s degree level.
Our on-campus and online degree programs offer the same exacting standards. The only difference is in the delivery of the curriculum. We maintain small classes and extend personalized attention from dedicated and experienced faculty members.
Online degree programs through Marylhurst University are also designed to create a nurturing and collaborative environment, all with the goal of developing knowledgeable professionals with the confidence to excel in today’s global market.
Marylhurst is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). Regional accreditation is the measurement the U.S. Department of Education (DOE) uses to ensure that schools meet rigorous and up-to-date standards of education. Additionally, all Marylhurst business programs are designed to meet the accreditation standards of the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE). Marylhurst's MBA, BS in Business & Management, BS in Business & Leadership and BS in Real Estate Studies are accredited by the IACBE.